Back Creek Field Trip, 24 April 2021

well a dawn service at back ck…I wonder if that’s a first for there well done ron …it was great to see a veteran there with 3 generation’s of medals

8 Likes

More bloody photos… a big thanks to everyone that helped out at back ck …,roughly we had about 65 people turn up for the weekend …about a good 20 grams was found…,the club grossed about $2400 ,the 1 gram surprise pay dirt bag turned up NO 89 woohoo well done

9 Likes

Thanks Ron and Emma for hosting a great weekend and to all the willing helpers who made it such a success. It was good to catch up with old prospecting mates and meet some of our new members. I particularly enjoyed helping some newbies with their panning technique, setting up detectors etc and seeing them find a bit of colour.
Towards the end of the weekend I managed to get in a bit of detecting time myself and snagged a few little crumbs from heavily worked areas. Got one with the SDC out of a mullock heap proving that no one gets it all. Found my first gold with the equinox 800- Yay ! after Curt very kindly lent me his 6 inch coil to try out. Thanks Mate ! … think I will definitely invest in one. Have sunce used it to find coins in junk infested areas and found it to be very effective in separating out the good targets.

Top piece found with SDC, the rest with the Nox 800 using Curt’s 6" coil.

7 Likes

Well done Howard , good to see it works , and that you have more patience than me ! Might get you to give me a lesson one day , i really should find a piece of native gold at least once in my life .

3 Likes

No worries Curt, I’d be happy to help you find your first bit of gold with the Nox. The four pieces I got were all sharp high pitched signals ranging from 1 to 6 on the screen. The smallest bit didn’t even register on my scales but added to the others, raised the total by 0.01 of a gram. It was inside a lump of clay ( kinder surprise ) and took a bit of finding :+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for the gram bag again :ok_hand:t2: was awsome panning that bad boy at home :sunglasses::grin::ok_hand:t2:. Hate leaving Back Creek that was my second trip there love every moment plus got to break my gold monster in as well 0.03g :grin::smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Every time i think about it i realize just how much we are blessed as a group to have access to Ron and Paul’s lease . Gold is guaranteed to be found by many members every trip . Cannot think of anywhere else like it !

8 Likes