Buckle found at Buckland

Has anyone found a buckle like this before and know much about it ? Dollar for a bit of scale.

2 Likes

Lovely fouled anchor buckle Sly ! Many people associate the fouled anchor symbol with the navy but i know it was also a trade brand that turned up on a number of older items . My opinion only but i suggest yours is not naval as the construction is very light by military standards , and there is no royal crown above the anchor . Corker of a find that i would be proud to find . Congrats .

2 Likes

Oh thanks mate that is why I asked. I found the Royal navy marines but mine dose not have crown and that was throwing me off. Do you have any info on what was traded under this trade mark.

maybe something related to the army and navy stores

1 Like

Maybe the merchant navy, lots of buttons with that design but a buckle is something special, awesomefind!

1 Like

Dave could be on the mark with the merchant navy . In the past i have found a battery torch with the fouled anchor mark , i think Dave may have too . Also a couple of small tins with the mark on the top . And a pendant that i can think of .

1 Like

Think so closest I can find to it in military is German ww2 Navy dress buckle I will keep searching I would love to find out for sure this is fun :smiley::ok_hand:t2::sunglasses:

Found this Victorian Boys Naval Brigade buckle circa 1897 on the net looks quite similar it said it was a victoria australia buckle so that may fit
Capture

3 Likes

Wow I’m getting so confused been told so many different things its hard to know which one it is. Sweet find mate :smiley::ok_hand:t2::sunglasses:

Great find. Well done…

1 Like