Cricket Buckle!

I scored a cool and slightly humourous cricket buckle last week, too scared to Google it!

7 Likes

Bloody ripper Dave ! Cannot remember seeing that one in Brian’s buckle book . You may have found a new variety . Congrats mate .

1 Like

Yeah,couldn’t find it in the book either. Was a couple featuring a cricket ball but none with 4 balls!

1 Like

A nice find for sure.
Here is the link to The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckle Book

I’m yet to find a cricket buckle but they came in a huge range of designs. They seem to be more about the game itself than actual teams but there were teams and tours as well.

I think the ‘The Ball Clasp’ was a bag for carrying cricket balls. A cricket belt probably signified a person was a ‘gentleman’ but it was good to see some prisoners wearing cricket belts in the book. :laughing:

1 Like

A good find! Certainly a distinct design lol
I also like your Casper the Ghost at top right too :grin: :ghost:

1 Like

found this buckle on chudleigh cricket pitch looks like a pear on it any thoughts on age or team or if even a cricket buckle

5 Likes

Good find but a bit of a mystery ! What’s on the back ?

1 Like

That’s an odd one for sure, never seen anything like it.

1 Like

2 Likes

Interesting find!
Definitely a belt buckle and yes, certainly looks like a pear.
Got some age to it :+1:

1 Like

Buckle all right , sadly no registration diamond . While it looks like a pear i wonder if it could of been a punching bag , which would make it a boxing buckle ? But it does look like a branch with leaves and fruit , strange one indeed !

1 Like

Seen that you mention “Brians buckle book” is that a private book or one you can buy? I would love to date the buckle I have found over the years, I did some of the history of these buckle`s very interesting, but I would love to know more
Helen

1 Like

check my comment #4. link still works but slow.

Yep hit the link , it’s a large file so you have to download it . Very worth it though as there’s heaps of info there and so many beaut buckles to admire .

3 Likes