Getting the jab - not too bad

I booked online and got the Astra Zeneca jab at Mowbray Racecourse Turf Club yesterday. Here’s some feedback:
You can only book online as an individual not with a partner.The booking is based on your medicare number. We got appointments on different days but we could still get vaccinated together. The staff are friendly and understanding. There is heaps of road works for us and it’s an 80k return trip. (West Tamar Highway is about 50% roadworks and the Batman Highway also has roadwork)

Had 3 goes at getting my medicare number right online - when you get there you fill out another form. There seems to be a lot of administration. This part should be more automated but I guess people can’t be just scanned like a Q-Code :slight_smile: It was fairly quiet on a weekday with unlimited parking unlike the LGH. The jab is painless and professional. They encourage you to have a Chupa Chup afterwards. Thats because you are observed for ten or 15 minutes.

Then they make an appointment for the next dose which ATM is in July.
All in all not too bad and for me one less thing to worry about.

5 Likes

Thanks Karl,
It’s good to get a first hand account: helps de-mystify a simple process that combats the tiny bug thats been holding the world to random for the past year!
Good on you :+1:

3 Likes

I had my second AZ on Friday &no problems.
I was too cocky after my first AZ shot!
Went to bed that night & said to Emma that I don’t know what people are carrying on about as I felt fine at 10pm!
Shivered my arse off for 3 hours at 1 am!!!
Absolutely stuffed all the next day.

4 Likes

Got my first jab in Bendigo since I was on my 2nd day in Victoria and lockdown had just started. Was a walk in and ended up being the 42nd jab of the day and was 42nd in line. Quick and painless.
2nd jab at the clinic in Sheffield last Saturday.Quick and painless also. If you walk in, they are happy to make an appointment for you without going on line. Gotta fill out a few pages of stuff first.
AZ only for we oldies.

3 Likes

Had my second jab in July. I agree with RONG - went to bed after the second AZ and had leg cramps that felt like blood clots. A couple of aspirins fixed it - they are a blood thinner. All OK since then.

This pandemic seems to never end but it will end and hopefully all of us will be there to enjoy the moment. They had the ‘Roaring Twenties’ after the last pandemic so it will happen again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just scraped in for the Pfizer jab myself . Had the second one 3 weeks ago with the only symptoms being a very sore shoulder for 24 hours . I will be trying to get a third jab of any brand within 6 months as the virus is mutating quickly and i need every bit of resistance i can get as i have silicosis of the lungs .

3 Likes

Emma had her second Pfizer and got the “shiver” overnight and flat for the next couple of days. A bit worse than the first jab.

3 Likes