Upcoming PMAT trips & schedule - suggestions welcome

Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to make a new thread for upcoming trips, since we often know where or when we’re going, but not too many details yet. This way you can save the date in your calendar.

Known schedule so far:

• AGM & Luina: 2021-02-05T22:00:00Z
  • Back Creek: 2021-04-23T23:00:00Z
  • Gladstone: October, maybe weekend of the 16th/17th to look for Smoky quartz
  • Reece (Pieman) Dam: November, to coincide with the Zeehan Gem Show
11 Likes

Good idea Miguel :+1: get those suggestions coming in

1 Like

I’ve updated the schedule with the place we’ll be going to later in the year after discussions at the AGM. No dates yet, sorry.

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

Please note that the date for the Back Creek trip has been pushed forward one week to the 24th of April. I will post details and send out the invites next week.

3 Likes

I don’t think this will work for some as it is the day before Anzac day?

1 Like

That’s right, it is, sorry for the late change but our host will be unavailable on the weekend we had previously set.

There will be a dawn service at the venue conducted by Ron on Sunday morning (ANZAC Day).

There will also be some stricter rules upfront regarding indemnity forms and what happens if anyone finds a nugget over 5g in weight, to avoid the confusion that we had the last time around.

Full details to come in the next few days.

5 Likes

Hi Miguel, I take it we can still head up on Friday? the only thing is we have to leave Sat arvo.

1 Like

Hi all there will be strictly no access to rons before 1oclock on the fri an everyone left by late sun unless u have sorted something with ron cheers

2 Likes

Thank you for that info regarding Friday.

1 Like

I’ve posted the Back Creek field trip details earlier today.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m working on invitations as time allows (I have a lot of catching up to do after 3 months away). So as a short one, the next two trips are likely to be:

• Gladstone Fossicking Area, currently looking at 2nd / 3rd of October
  • Reece Dam, 6th and 7th of November to coincide with the Zeehan Gem Show.

As usual, suggestions more than welcome, the main things are that a) it can fit a group our size; b) we’re allowed to be there; and c) there is a chance of finding interesting stuff.

9 Likes

A couple of places to consider:

1. Mangana/ Mathinna (gold): I think the relevant tenement holders are receptive and before the regrowth gets too thick

2. NW rivers (Blythe, Cam?) for gems +/- gold: I need to look into that one some more though

Any other ideas members??

cheers
AG

7 Likes

What or where in the Blythe has interest? I could scout the area if needs be.

2 Likes

I’ve never been anywhere in the NW other than Penguin and Doctors Rocks, so if anyone is able to collate some info on where to go, space to meet or camp, etc, that would be great!

2 Likes

The difficult part is - what is available for collection and is outside of a Conservation Area. I will talk to Sam & Co.

2 Likes

Miguel, I have made approaches to some people to locate areas of interest for a PMAT excursion, without any luck , at this stage.
I have one more contact to approach and hopefully something will materialise.

5 Likes

Hope everyone is going well, anyone know if there’s any trips coming up in the near future?

Cheers
Craig

1 Like

Hi,
There will be a club AGM coming up before the end of March, we are looking at the long weekend 12-13th as a possibility,
Cheers
Andrew G

2 Likes

I’ve just added the AGM invitation here.

2 Likes

Hi all ,at back ck meet , a few people got talking about a club trip to flinders island chasing kilkrankie diamonds , l reckon a great idea, things to consider time frame i assume nov to march ??? , costs ,flights accommodation vehicle , i think there is tours for chasing the stones , just looking at flights roughly anywhere between 350$ to $550 return ??? ,any feebd back would be great ,an a great talking point at the next few meets cheers all

5 Likes