# Trip to Weldborough POSTPONED to 29 Oct 2022

**URL:** <https://forum.pmat.org.au/t/trip-to-weldborough-postponed-to-29-oct-2022/882>\
**Category:** Upcoming Trips\
**Created:** [27 September 2022 05:53 UTC](https://forum.pmat.org.au/t/trip-to-weldborough-postponed-to-29-oct-2022/882 "2022-09-27T05:53:09Z")\
**Posts on this page:** 1\
**Showing post:** 19

<div class="post-metadata">

**Author:** ![miguel](https://forum.pmat.org.au/user_avatar/forum.pmat.org.au/miguel/32/9_2.png) [@miguel](https://forum.pmat.org.au/u/miguel)\
**Post date:** [27 October 2022 04:15 UTC](https://forum.pmat.org.au/t/trip-to-weldborough-postponed-to-29-oct-2022/882/19 "2022-10-27T04:15:13Z")

</div>

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a look at the forecasts and had a chat to the Weldborough Hotel.

The forecast is good for Saturday, but still raining today and tomorrow, which might leave the creeks a bit touch-and-go. My go-to flood gauge, which is on the Ringarooma at Moorina, was washed away during last week’s flood. Other nearby gauges (Ringarooma at Branxholm and George River at St Helens) are still showing fairly high river levels.

Weldborough Hotel have advised that their camping area is **not recommended** due to the state of the grass and mud, so people will have to organise their own accommodation.

Given this I’ not sure we should be going ahead. I’m really keen to get in the creek because the floods will have brought down good stuff, and I reckon the fossicking is going to be outstanding for a bit.

I’m happy to still head out on Saturday if anyone wants to chance it, knowing that it might be a wasted trip. Otherwise I’m already committed for the next few weekends, so we would have to pull the plug altogether and our next trip would be [Luina/Sabbath Creek in November](https://forum.pmat.org.au/t/trip-to-luina-sabbath-creek-19-20-november-2022/889).

Any thoughts?

---

_[View the full topic](https://forum.pmat.org.au/t/trip-to-weldborough-postponed-to-29-oct-2022/882)._
