UPDATE 11/11/2022: Trip to Luina & Sabbath Creek 19 & 20 November 2022

Dale and I will be there, looking forward to it

2 Likes

Hi @Matty we’ll meet at 9:00 am at the Driveway into Sabbath Creek, which is pretty close to the camping area. We’ll make sure there’s a PMAT sign so you don’t miss it.

You’re better off parking at the camping area and walking because there’s very little room on the roadside.

3 Likes

Hi all,just letting people no …theres no water at camping spot ,plenty of firewood, but it will be soaked,the club will have a long drop styled loo available at camp site ,the camp sight will be a bit sloshy i reckon so come prepared,a few of us will be there Thursday to doudle check access etc for camp site an prep area,if people wanted a bit more privacy,theres camping spots at middletons ck aswell either side of the savage river bridge,as always its the west coast come prepared,there is phone reception at camp site but abit patchy any questions give us a buzz 0400623451 regards andrew

8 Likes

Mmmmm the weather not looking that great for the weekend , bring the wet weathers,if anyone hasn’t been to Sabbath before, its shallow bedrock ,an slippery as hell gumboots be great

2 Likes

Sweet cant wait i will be sneaking in late friday afternoon :smiley::ok_hand:

1 Like

The bummer is that the date coincides with the Launceston Gem Show.

1 Like

Basic plan is to meet at 9 sat morning at entrance to sabbath track,not much parking there though ,club will do a brief on whats the go,ron Gregory hopefully will do a spill about his days there in the 80s??any storys are welcome tho,we’ve cut a decent walking, four wheeler track in a slight grade bout a 30min walk in

4 Likes

Thanks Andrew, that’s great!

Hi @PatHogen, it’s been hard to tee up availability for hosting the trip, so it’s a shame it’s on the same weekend, but we couldn’t really do another date.

1 Like

Fully understood, but I have a table at the Show, so have to wait for the next excursion.

2 Likes

Sadly I will be missing out as well, I was looking forward to this one too. Hope those who get along have a great time, and I look forward to seeing a few pics!

4 Likes

We are down at the camp spot ,toilet set up ,working on bonfire ,relativity dry camp spot ,no bees or tourists,will put pmat signs an witch’s hat at camp entrance

3 Likes

Hi Guys what going on down there, stuck at work today till 4:30pm.

1 Like

Looking a bit like rain on the way but there will be a fair few camping here tonight.

Got a bit wet Saturday night otherwise glorious

Here’s my haul for the trip. Thanks to the Andrews for organizing the event!

10 Likes

Had an awesome time down at sabbath creek on the weekend met some new faces and got some gold how could anyone complain about that little bit wet in the night but skies cleared up for us to get a couple more hours on the creek before heading home Sunday big thanks for the opportunity to have a play on your lease Andrew and big thanks to Ben hide for getting me there

11 Likes

That’s awesome, was a great weekend

5 Likes

Had a great time at sabbath creek
Great to see everyone again and meeting some new people too
Found a few bigger flakes and the usual micro bits
Thanks to Andrew for inviting us to your patch

7 Likes

Had an unreal time at sabbath creek and it was great to see everyone again. Thanks very much to Andrew for having us all on the lease. Ended up with just under a gram of gold.

6 Likes

Well, y’all got out at the right time! I stuck it out last night on Browns Plains and got hailed on all morning and found bugger all.
Thanks to Andrew for the great camp spot and the track work.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone who turned up. The weather held until evening and it was great to see most get a bit of gold.

Thanks Colin for the photo.

8 Likes