1930 Penny found today

One of our PMAT members, Colin, found this today:

8 Likes

Yes seen this on Facebook could be $10,000 richer for it well done colin sweet find mate

1 Like

Wow ! to old and corroded to be a repro , what a stunner !

1 Like

Good on you Colin! - well done!!!

Gosh! Truly amazing!
Considering only about 1500 were ever made.
The odds of finding one are vanishingly small.
The Holy Grail of Aussie coin hunters.

1 Like

A good news story for tough times. The media will be all over this for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

:crazy_face: Great score!

1 Like

1 Like

Cant be 100pc certain but hopeful. some say fake or 1936 i cant see either of those considering it was down 6 to 8 in and looks to have been there for sometime. is it a damaged 6.?? dont know for sure but looks like a zero to me. !! we live in hope but chances of finding one are probably rarer than the coin itself. cheers all will find out sooner or later.one way or the other. fingers crossed.

To me the closed loop in the 6 seems too small, yours is bigger.

1 Like

Well done colin fingers crossed

Well done Colin, been searching for one of those all my life…

1 Like

3 Likes

This is a 1936 penny I dug six months ago at the bottom of my drive. Here it is side lit with a 1100 lumen head lamp. The loop in the ‘6’ joins level with the middle of the ‘3’.

I think you have the real deal :eye:

1 Like

UploadingH: 20200727_190523.jpg…Bad News. after soaking the coin in olive oil for a while and another inspection with good light and a 29x loop i have to confirm its actually a 1936 penny ?? could not pick it at all until now. i can see clearly the top leg of the 6.and it apoears the cancer got it over the middle of the 6 as well. hard to see but now clear. bummer soooo close but so far. anyway on to the next one. cheers.

4 Likes

Oh well, the first photo really looked like a ‘0’. At least you can accept a bit of a let down. That token you found makes up for it I recon. :pick:

2 Likes

Bugga, looked so good but chances were always slim. Guess you’ll just have to find a holey dollar instead!!!

1 Like

One of my colleagues talking about holey dollars, among other stuff.

3 Likes