2020 AGM and Field Trip - Luina & Heazlewood River

Sweet cheers I will be throwing a $25 at you for a hat. Can we buy now or have to wait for the meet

Hi everyone, have made camp at Luina, plenty of places for tents and vans, fair phone reception, BUT lots of mozzies in evening, so bring repellant!! :mosquito::mosquito:
March flies during the day, so if their constant presence will annoy, i recommend a fly veil also.
It is the “wild west” after all…
cheers

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

Are we meeting up in the morning, I need to pay membership unable to stay the whole weekend

1 Like

Hi Nettie, yes, we’re meeting at 9:00.

3 Likes

Hi just want to send my apologise i would i loved to come bit obsessed with osmiridium but surgery last week meant i had to sit this one out wish everyone luck for a good weekend

2 Likes

I would like to give a big thank you to Ron for letting us play on your lease mate cheers :beers:and to PMAT for putting on another great weekend. Had a great time even scored a nice pan of gold about 40 bits so thank you for that. Also for the raffle and the carton of beer I won :beer::beers: love the new hat as well and the snake :snake: in my jumper while panning haha well that not your doing but fun anyway hope to catch up at next meet :beers:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, it was a lovely trip lol meaning jack jumper fall ! Wish we could have stayed but not able to. Would love another visit in Spring. Looking forward to seeing your photo brags of the weekend :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I would like to say a big big thanks to the two Andrews and Miguel for organizing a great get-together yet again for the members, and sharing knowledge and experiences.
As the old timers used to say ‘Wouldn’t be dead for quids’.

2 Likes

I’d like to also say “Thank You” to Miguel and other committee members for organising the AGM.
I met some interesting & helpful people with loads of experience.
On Sunday I drove to Corinna and put the “rubber duck” in the Pieman. I paddled up to the Whyte then up as far as Jarman Ck. Holy Mackerel…it’s wild country up there! Whyte blocked by many huge trees and branches. Very few places to even pull up and use a detector and Jarman was only a trickle and I don’t think a whippet could have got up in there to check it out. So I headed back. About 6km all up and I am still sore 2 days later…LOL.

3 Likes

Hi Tom,

It was great to meet you and finally put a face to a name. The country on the west coast is something else, isn’t it? Gives you a whole new level of respect for the old-time prospectors.

3 Likes

Although I missed this AGM I’d love to get my hands on a hat also please and I need to renew my membership too.

1 Like

Hey everyone,
It was a very enjoyable trip west in surprisingly tropical conditions, Great to catch up with friends old and new and cover some new ground.
A big thanks to committee members for organising the event, Ron Gregory for lease access, people who donated raffle items, Allgoods and Deloraine Signs!
Look forward to next meet, most likely at Back Creek, early April.
cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

G’day everyone, it’s been a while since the Heazelwood trip but I thought I would post a shot of my finds from the weekend - 9 bits of gold detected with my SDC for 0.57 gms and the rest panned.The 3d is just for scale and was found at Exeter with the Nox 800. It came out of the sandy soil fairly clean and bright.

5 Likes

Got to love those golden cornflakes!

1 Like

My favourite kind of brekky cereal - very healthy and guaranteed to be free of gluten and artificial additives lol :grin:

2 Likes