2020 AGM and Field Trip - Luina & Heazlewood River

Hi everyone,

I’m putting together the invitation on our site to the 2020 AGM, here:

https://www.pmat.org.au/event/field-trip-to-heazlewood-river-2020-agm/

In summary, we’ll have our AGM at the abandoned town of Luina on Saturday 8th February 2020 at 9:00 am. From there we will spread out to a range of locations in the area.

Any questions about the trip, please ask here on this thread.

3 Likes

Sweet can’t wait so pumped for this trip :smiley::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::exploding_head:

1 Like

What a major bummer, I was so looking forward to this but it being on regatta day and other functions on that day to I won’t be able to make it to this one. Hopefully the next trip wont be on conflicting dates. Miguel could you please send me a renewal for my membership for the family, thanks. Hope you have a blast and get some of that yellow.

2 Likes

Hi all looking forward to feb meet at this stage will have digger on rons lease at heazalwood i think he got the ok for a works program an will do access up in to the old play ground area at the river there has anyone got ideas on raffle prizes or contacts will approach allgoods again run a meat raffle etc anything b much appreciated pmat will have public liability issurance for all members an will have full details at agm i reckon this will b a big turnout so b prepared for people cars vans kids an dogs an bikes

1 Like

Hi just a update on things because of rons work commitments the heazlewood program with the excavator won’t b happening now and please b aware the club will have porta loo set up at luina there b plenty of water in the whtye river and i reckon there still b fire bans on for camp fires may be so probably no fires

2 Likes

Will anybody be there on the Friday 7th and staying till Sunday.

1 Like

Hi @Nettie I’m planning to drive over on Friday, and I’m sure there will be others. I’ll be leaving from Hobart in the afternoon, so I’ll get there late. Happy to drive in convoy if anyone is interested!

The suggested site for camping and the meeting is down the very last driveway on the right in Luina as you drive towards Corinna, about 550 m west of the Cleveland Mine turn-off. If you’re still on the road and you start climbing back up the hill past Luina, you’ve gone too far. If you’re driving from Corinna towards Waratah, it’s the first driveway on the left.

2 Likes

That’s great, we will be on the road with the caravan heading towards Waratah as we will be up north so will hopefully see you there ! We have noted what you say about going too far :grin:

1 Like

If you get lost, there is full Telstra reception in a lot of the area, as there is a phone tower on top of Mt Cleveland.

2 Likes

Hi
I don’t have a 4WD so is it worth my while attending?
Cheers

Hi @Rangerman neither do I or quite a few members. It’s definitely worthwhile coming. We’ll end up doing a bit of walking, though, if that’s ok by you. It would be worth your while if it’s not too far for you just to meet some of us and see what the group is about, I’d say. Though if you live down south like I do, it’s a long drive just for a meet and greet!

Hi Miguel.
I am keen to come along and become a member so at this stage I will be there. I will more than likely camp on the Friday.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi all
Is anyone available to pick up porta loo from coates hire at burnie on the friday im going down early thur but will pay for it as i go thru an it comes back to coates on the mon cheers ANDREW

Miguel you said there was a bit of walking, how much approx as I have a recent knee op, just to give me an idea. Thanks

Hi Nettie, it depends where you’re keen to go. I’ll probably head to McGinty’s creek which is 10 or so minutes from where you can park the car, and there’s a spot that might be accessible down to the Heazlewood River that should only be a few minutes walk.

There is also Roaring Mag Creek, only a few minutes walk from the car park at Heazlewood River Bridge.

1 Like

That’s great thanks I should be ok with that :grin:

Hi all pmat will have signs up at luina on thur an remeber memberships will b dew $25 per member an i think we have family passes as well club members have insurance now an details b avaible at agm miguel gunna have maps for plcs to go portaloo b there will have a raffle on sat nite bout 6ish i reckon with a few beers so far we got panning kit $50 allgoods gift vouncher small gold nuggets 2 easy kindling an more goodies to come pls small change would b appreciated this is all fund raising for the club pls remberer we need to b financial to survive any one got any thoughts or ideas for the club etc pls have a chat to a commitee member the club got caps an stubby holders coming an hoperfully they b here by agm so c u all there cheers andrew

2 Likes

How much for the hat I will take one off you now

$25 each, blue or black, nicely embroided logo, 1st in, best dressed!
Will do another batch if we sell out :slightly_smiling_face:
cheers

1 Like

Hi hats will b$25 an raffle will b $10 for 3 tickets its acually turning into a good raffle lots of small prizes on another subject pmat trips for this year so ron an emma have offered back ck again roughly april which is a great spot an a big thanks to them for the offer another i was thinking is a meet at zeehan when gem an mineral show on in nov an head off from out of there any ideas around that area an maybe have a table at the gem show an promote pmat an give cheek to mrt so we need 2 more trip ideas so yell out with any thoughts please

1 Like