2022 AGM and Field Trip to Back Creek

Awesome weekend thanks ron and pmat.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone who attended the AGM. We had a great weekend, awesome weather and plenty of people found gold.

Some members found their first gold with the detector, which is always nice to see!

5 Likes

Another great trip thanks very much to Ron and everyone who made it possible.

4 Likes

Gday all

Had a fantastic weekend at back creek finding my first and second pieces of gold with the sdc 2300
First piece was .7 and the specie was .5
A big thank you to Ron for inviting all of us to his lease and everyone else involved in the meet
The PMAT club has been so inviting and amazingly generous with their knowledge and helpful tips And I am very thankful for the help everyone has given me in starting my gold prospecting journey

11 Likes

This was another very enjoyable meet at Back Creek . Thanks once again to the wonderful generosity of Ron and Emma providing access on their lease . Thanks also goes to the office bearers , both old and new that organize events like this for us all to enjoy .
I could only attend on Saturday this year and found by the end of the day i really did not want to go home !
For those that are interested in relics there are a few bits below , but no gold coins ! I found 4 hut sites which must have been detected in the past as finds were scarce . One Chinese coin surfaced which was the first one i have found in the Back Creek area so pretty happy with that . One interesting button also , “Blackett . West Smithfield” which i have not researched yet .

Late in the day Howard insisted on me finding a bit of native gold as i have never found any with a detector and had little faith that my machine was good enough . It did not take long for him to show me how and where to look . 3 pieces weighing .05g , .07g and .26g came out of the same spot and the Equinox running a Coiltek 5x10 coil signaled well on all pieces . This has given me a small taste of the yellow fever that many of our members have and i will be splitting my time between gold and relics in the future . Huge thank you to you Howard , you had already had a big day but still found some time to put me on the right track !

7 Likes

Thanks for another great day out Ron and PMAT.
Managed to detect 4 little bits with my equinox in other peoples tailings. The biggest one would be pushing it to go 0.1g. Would be interested in seeing if your coiltek coil picks up anything I’ve missed in a couple of spots I’ve thoroughly worked around Lefroy, Curt. Gimme a call if you’re heading to that area and you want to catch up.

3 Likes

Yep ,will do that Dave , probably be another month yet though .

Well another great trip to back ck, a big thanks to ron an emma 2 great hosts, an ron got the weather spot on,the club raised $2000 with memberships raffles merchandise etc etc ,which puts us in a great spot , a big thanks to everyone that helped out an donated prizes
Seems everyone got a bit of colour an had a great time , even a couple of snakes had a great weekend, no gold coins this year , but a young lass from hobart turned up a 9 point something nugg so she had to have a talk with ron, very nice nugget , any feedback or suggestions pls yell out happy prospecting

7 Likes

Was a great turn out with awesome people, thanks ron and emma.

2 Likes