2023 AGM - Back Creek Saturday 18th of February

G’day all, In response to Craig’s post, I phoned him this morning and he is sorted - thanks Miguel.
For anyone else who’s unsure of where to camp, just turn up at the huts on Ringswandl’s Rd and there should be someone about to direct you.

Cheers, Fox.
4 Likes

Does anyone play a musical instrument ? If so, bring along your guitar, accordion , harmonica or whatever for some entertainment/ campfire jam session. I’ll dust off my old accoustic guitar and bring that along. Should be fun.

See ya there ! Cheers, Fox.
4 Likes

I’ve added an extra point above:

• Children and pets to be closely supervised at all times. There are abandoned mining works and current working faces that are a fall danger.
4 Likes

Hi ,a good tip for bk ck detecting bring a magnet stonger an bigger the better ,slithers off the excavator are every where

4 Likes

Pls be patient tommorow with memberships, raffles sale ,merchandise etc its a bit full on at the beginning ,an we will try an set up this arvo aswell for sales etc,you MUST sign in at the arrival ,ron will be there with the exemption forms ,pls watch this forum for more updates

6 Likes

Just a heads up that there is a fire reported North of Back Creek on the tfs website.
Edit, seems to be out now.

5 Likes

I would like to thank everyone involved in the background work, to get this weekend up and running. I had a fantastic time, meet some great people, and found some gold and learnt you can find gold with the nox 800, lol. Well done to all involved. Special thanks to Ron for allowing us on his lease, and for the free gold…:moneybag:.

Go team
Bruce.

7 Likes

Thanks to everyone involved in organizing last weekends trip to back creek and a big thank you to Ron and Emma for their hospitality and generosity shown to all of us
To be able to come to a place like back creek to learn and hone our skills is a massive head start in the right direction for us that are reasonably new to prospecting and for that I am very grateful

Cheers

9 Likes

Well bk ck was a great weekend,as always a big thanks to ron an emma for hosting us at there lease,we had roughly 60,70 people turn up…?? The club grossed a bit over 4 grand in membership ,raffle,merchandise,etc,a big thks to the committee for helping, an welcome a few new faces on the committee, the tokens were a huge success ,an we might try to do more of that,a big thks to everyone who donated prizes an time to help out, we need this to keep the club going, about a oz of gold was found all up with fines an nuggets, goes to show its still out there, any suggestions for future advents pls yell out,overall agreat trip with some great people,cheers andrew

7 Likes

A great time was had by everyone ! a few pics from the day . welcome to all the newcomers !

6 Likes

8 Likes

G’Day PMAT members that attended Back Creek AGM in February.
I can report that 30.23 grams of gold was found on the weekend (not including gold in “Paydirt Bags”), which is almost an ounce!
The best find was Craig Parsey’s specie in an area that has been available for detectorists over the last 6 years!

11 Likes

Thanks for the privilege of attending on your lease once again . Holding that specie in my hand was nearly enough to swing this old relic hunter over to the dark side !

7 Likes

I recon you would get a few beeps swinging a coil over that specie. Maybe they thought it was trash :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is a nice piece of gold !

2 Likes