2023 AGM - Back Creek Saturday 18th of February

Hi everyone,

Ron Gregory has kindly invited us again to hold our AGM on his lease in Back Creek, on Saturday the 18th of February 2023. Our AGM will begin at 9:00, followed by a day of fossicking. Memberships are due at the start of the year, so this is your best chance to make yourself current. Please mind that there is very little phone reception at Back Creek, so it will be cash only.

Back Creek contains shallow historical workings and is a good location for detecting small nuggets, and a few nuggets and specimens have been found in recent times, up to close to an ounce. PMAT has been there a few times, and every time people have detected gold. There is also a large pond for panning, or in case you want to bring your highbanker.

In addition to the AGM, we will have some merchandise, a raffle, and bags of wash for sale.

The main meeting place will be the historic shacks on Ringswandls Road (off Back Creek Rd).

The area has a lot of historical mining works, including open-cuts, pits, trenches and shafts. If you’ll be joining us. Please be aware of where you step and understand that you enter at your own risk.

Getting there

Most of you probably know how to get to the lease. For those of you who don’t, the lease is on Back Creek Road, which starts behind the Pipers River shop (on Bridport Road). We will meet at the area of 1930s shacks on Ringsgwandls Rd .

In the map above, this is where the road crosses a creek marked ‘Spring Creek’, just to the NW of a pond.

Camping

Ron has invited members who want to to camp at the lease on Friday and Saturday nights. A couple of things to keep in mind:

• No arrivals before 1:00 pm on Friday unless by prior arrangement with Ron
  • No-one to remain on site past 1:00 pm on Sunday unless by prior arrangement with Ron
  • There is no potable water on site, so please bring your own
  • There is now a flushing toilet and water for washing (non-potable)

Important points

As we’ll be working inside a current mining lease, there are some conditions to attending, please read these carefully:

• All attendees will need to fill in a sign-in sheet on arrival, and sign out at the end of the trip.
  • All attendees will have to complete an indemnity form on arrival, acknowledging the risks of accessing an area of current and historical mining works, and absolving the leaseholders of liability
  • All gold found is to be reported to Ron, no matter the size. Please abide by this condition, it is critical if we want to be allowed back. Ron will explain the detail on the day. Any gold you find up to 5 g is yours to keep. If you find more than 5g of gold, the balance has to be purchased from Ron if you wish to keep it: it is still considered production from the mine, and royalties have to be paid from it.
  • There will be no access to excavator pits at any time, for any reason, except during supervised events at Ron’s discretion.
  • The area contains abundant mining heritage. Please be respectful of this and of any lease property.
  • Any areas of current workings are off-limits. There will be some areas taped off. Please respect these when on site.

See you all there!!!

10 Likes

Can’t wait to go back thanks Ron for inviting us back
Found my first ever gold nuggets with the sdc there last year .5 specie and .7 very pretty gold :blush:

6 Likes

Sweet cant wait love this place and thank you again Ron for having us :smiley::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Hi
I’d love to attend.
How do I sign up :grinning:

1 Like

Looking forward to another great trip. Let me know if there’s anything you want a hand doing to make it happen.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, I think we’re good for now.

@Craig, just turn up and sign up on the day. Membership is $20 per year.

3 Likes

Awesome, cleared my work Roster for those days so now free to attend, will try to bring a friend or 2 as well will sign up on the day. Will bring cash pans and detector…:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down_face::grinning:

3 Likes

Cant wait, Dale and I will be there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dan and I will be attending and we will bring anothwr couple ro join up as well. Can’t wait to see you all again.

Regards,

Salwa and Dan
The snorers

2 Likes

Hi all,agm at bk ck time again, as always we will be looking for commitee members again ,don’t be frighte to put your hand up ,MERCHANDISE,we will have caps,t shirts,mugs, stickers ,jackets, stubby holders ,the raffle will be very juicy this year with some great prizes,including a EQUINOX 800 , don’t forget your membership renewal, which is $20 , pls keep a eye on this site as there is more stuff to come regards ANDREW 0400623451

9 Likes

How much is merchandise, so i can bring enough cash along :grin:

1 Like

Hi Brad,
Prices for merchandise vary, but pretty reasonable, $10 for a stubby cooler, $20/25 for a cap, think T-shirts around $30: covers costs plus a little extra for the club.
How to catch you all on the 18th,
Cheers

4 Likes

RAFFLE PRIZES well so far raffle looking good,we got a,equinox 800,firepit,gold,opal,waders,sleeping bags,camp oven ,caps gold dirt ,plus what else, turns up DONATIONS are welcome it all goes to the club an helps us keep going, $5 for 1 ticket ,3 tickets for $10 will draw sat arvo, an pls if you not gunna be there put your number on ticket pls

4 Likes

Hi all. we will have a Highbanker at the pond . members can hire it out at $10 per half hr . there is also a large heap of wash next to the pond for prossesing . investigations have shown the wash to have plenty of fine gold for those who wish to pan , sluice . trommel or highbank. come along ! should be a great day or two. all proceeds if any from highbanker hire shall be donated to the PMAT. i will be on hand to help and process wash ! bring the kids and have some fun. Thanks to Ron and Emma for allowing us on the Lease. plse be mindfull of the Rules. cheers see you there .

8 Likes

Just a few updates, mozzies have been really bad an i reckon march flys be the same ,come prepared,looks like its gunna be hot, remember no drinking water is there, camp fire’s aloud but pending fire regulations, phone reception pretty ifffy, no efpos so it’s all cash transactions,remember its a working lease so obey all rules pls

4 Likes

Will there be paydirt to buy?

1 Like

Will the stamper be there again? Got a bucket of mineralized quartz that may or may not have gold in it that I’ll bring along if it will be there.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew!

I have some updates.

• Please remember no access to the site until after 1:00 p.m. Friday
  • Children and pets to be closely supervised at all times. There are abandoned mining works and current working faces that are a fall danger.
  • Memberships are now due, still $20 ($35 for a family membership). Cash only (no phone reception for EFTPOS), so please bring cash
  • We will have the usual raffle, with bigger and better prices, including an Equinox 800, a CoinMaster and a flatpack firepit.
  • There will be a stack of old Gold Gem & Treasure magazines and old maps for a gold coin donation,
  • We will have a good number of wash bags at $25 each
  • For the first time, this year we will have a token hunt. Tokens will be numbered and each token will correspond to a nugget prize. One only token can be redeemed per person, so if you find a token, stop searching and let others have a go.

Any questions ring me on oh four’undred 174 956 or Andrew on the phone he gave above.

See you there!

6 Likes

Hi all,
I’ll be heading up Fri afternoon, Caravan in tow.
I’m still a bit unclear on where to set up camp? If anyone can send me a pin on a google map that would be great. I’ll pop it into my gps.
My number is 0478812522
Cheers
Craig Parsey

1 Like

Thats a great idea, that will be exiting

2 Likes