Child friendly access

Does anyone know of a pretty child friendly area to find sapphires? Or even have a pan for gold? Places i go for a look arnt friendly for little little ones at all, ideally somewhere easy to get to from the car with a pram to the water for when the youngest goes to sleep ? Somewhere the kids could easily site on the bank for a picnic while looking though materials :sweat_smile: i doubt there is but im hopeful :crossed_fingers: help a mumma out, we’d all really lobe to go together instead of taking in turns because someone’s gotta stay home eith the smallest two kiddos

2 Likes

I’ve heard that you can pan gold from in between the rocks in the South Esk river at the lion’s park at Hadspen. Never tried it myself but could be worth a look after the recent floods.

2 Likes

There’s a couple of camp sites on the Hellyer river that you can drive right up to and pan a bit of gold on the river bank. They’ve been worked pretty hard though but we went there last year and got some decent gold right at the camp site. I’m in the same situation as you with a little 10 month old. Looking forward to him being old enough to come fossicking with the silly old man.

5 Likes

Yeah okay might give that try we often visit Hadspen thanks :blush:

1 Like

Will definitely have to plan a camp trip and check it out :smile: its tricky we have a 8month old 3year old and 12year old its nearly impossible to get to good spots with the little two

1 Like

There’s also Doctors Rocks, at Wynyard. Gold at low tides. Around a 2hr or so window every low tide.

2 Likes

Whereabouts is the campsite is the water fairly low?