East Pilbara gold

The local wildlife also keep making appearances. We had a pack of dingoes near the campsite last night, howling away, and you see the occasional gecko and bearded dragon. Ants keep trying to nest inside my shower!

That’s all for this week, thanks for the well wishes. Greetings from Colin and Lindsay. Another update soon!

Miguel

7 Likes

Very cool, the gold and the wild life. :+1:

1 Like

What’s the gold total now mate. Awsome work :smiley::ok_hand:t2:

Enough to cover the ferry fares, fuel and supplies but with not a huge amount else to spare after that.

Here’s a good patch I found on one of my last few days detecting. Only 6 nuggets but they totalled 17.5 g. The largest piece is 10 g. They were all within an area 5 m x 1 m.

8 Likes

Well done Miguel and lads,
Sounds like it was a productive and educational trip! Thanks for the photos: it has inspired many I’m sure :grin:
Safe travels back: we look forward to a debrief on your return.
Cheers

1 Like

How lucky can you get? The only states of Australia not partially locked-down right now are WA and Tasmania. :+1:

I wonder how much trash was out there in this remote part of Australia? It’s at least 1:1 gold to trash or much higher in WA from what I have seen.

2 Likes

Wow well done to you all. Thankfully the only reptiles you’ve seen have legs. Friends of ours went with a group up there and have just come back, one of their group found a 37g nugget. As to rubbish it never ceases to astound me when you go to a remote place dig down 12 inches and find of all things an ordinary everyday staple! Good luck to you all, hope you find lots more.

2 Likes