East Pilbara gold

Hi everyone,

Colin and I have arrived in NW Western Australia and started detecting last week. Colin thought it would be a good idea to send you all some pictures of our campsite and our gold, so you can be suitably jealous, so here they are. We both got just short of a half ounce after six says here.

Here is our camp:

The view looking west at sunrise:

And some gold:

See you all when we get back!

9 Likes

Suitably jealous indeed!

Thanks for sharing, hope you guys get onto some big ones!

Good Luck and enjoy :four_leaf_clover:

Great gold and unreal spot. Keep up the good work!

Well done boys just letting u know it’s cold wet and windy here u must be really jealous :grimacing:has colin been snoring :thinking:

2 Likes

Dirty rotten lucky bastards …jealous as ,well done thks for the update :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Lucky sods ! Like everybody i am jealous . Hope you find plenty more .

1 Like

You’ve had to work for it. Hopefully a bit more and a great adventure. Have a safe trip back to Tas :pick:

well done , have lots and lots of fun,

Good stuff. See you over there in a few weeks!

1 Like

Great pictures and good gold. Wish I could be there.

Congratulations on your gold haul. We live in WA and have just returned from a great trip to Cue. My husband found his first gold nugget, lovely little 3 grams. Weather was perfect.

2 Likes

Colin and Lindsay say hi from up here. We had 40 mm or so of rain which made the road a mud pie and had us camp bound for three days.

Still, we made the best of it, and I found a nice 2.7 grammer not far from our campsite. Up to about an ounce and a half but no nuggets better than 3.5 grams so far.

Here’s Colin and Lindsay last night with the full moon rising:

7 Likes

Looks like you are having a ball and getting Gold that’s a bonus.

1 Like

Not much more yellow needed,and the trip will be paid for!!

1 Like

Well done looks a bit cool

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Miguel . Your living the dream . Hope you trip over a big one soon !

1 Like

Definitely slightly envious. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy

1 Like

Great photo and thanks for the update!
Say hi to the lads :grinning: good runs on the board with the gold, like Warren said: the trip will have paid for itself already!
Notice the Jayco is still looking clean :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Ha ha
Keep posting updates

1 Like

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages!

We’ve settled into a pattern of getting up at daybreak and working until about 3 pm or so. Here’s a picture of a little patch I found, these all came from about six or seven meters of creek bank, plus a few more I got the following day, not in the picture.

8 Likes