Field Trip to Back Creek 3 October 2020

Going from last years outing, an excavator scoop of washdirt was more than most people could manage in a day and good value at ~$20, as for gold bearing buckets of paydirt, I think the prices will reflect gold content or else may be raffled.
Either way, it should be a good day out!

3 Likes

Defiantly booking a scoop for sure, can’t wait.

1 Like

Sounds like a good one will have to lock in a excavator bucket for the day and some pay dirt to play with at home :+1:

2 Likes

Book me in a bucket for the day and one on the back of my ute cant wait keen as mustard :smiley::grin:

Hi all just letting everyone on prices for back ck trip pmat hats in ever blue or black $25 .stubbie holders $10 ,stickers $5 pay dirt is gunna b $30 a bucket which is about .75 of a cubic mtr will have 15 ltr buckets with gold in it as well un shore on price yet the raffle so far has a sluice box pick holder kindling an raffle detecting time on the main leads at back ck please be aware no eftpos there because very sketchy ph reception so right change b much appreciated club membership is $20 as well more to come as we get closer to the trip regards andrew

5 Likes

Best start saving my penny’s then :rofl::rofl: cant wait so pumped​:smiley::grin:

Tax man has been great to me this year. Was the family membership $35 or $30?

Family memberships are $35

4 Likes

Hi, please put myself and Shirley down as a yes this time out. Thanks for the opportunity to get back to Back Creek.
Cheers
Coral

2 Likes

We will be there as long as we are not working. We just scored 7 months work on the west coast but we are only ‘in’ for 5 days of the week and hopefully that weekend coincides with our days off.

Hi all so the 15 ltr buckets will have 0.2 grams of gold in every bucket they will be $25 each so not bad value an fun for kid pls bring your own pans an we will have water tubs there as well as u got the dams there the gold will range from very fine to sum pickers in the buckets it will be a good test of your panning technique as well will put a pcs of lead shot in each bucket as well so u no if ya technique is any good again the right change would b appreciated as no card facilities available cheers andrew

5 Likes

Thanks heaps for the update, do we need to book at all for the buckets and the scoops or just on the day?

1 Like

Will we be able to get the 15lt buckets to go? I’d like to grab a few to take home for my kids to try and see if I can get them interested.

1 Like

We will sort buckets on the day at this stage we will have about 30 to 35 15 ltr buckets available so we might have to limit the buckets a bit so everyone gets a go

5 Likes

Hi all had a talk to ron an if you have brought a excavator bucket of wash its ok for u to bag it up an take it home if u got any left so bring yuor own bags or buckets so thats a good deal for the punters but pls remeber theres no guarantee whats in the wash but thats prospecting cheers all

4 Likes

Hi all just a few tips for the back ck do we r gunna have plenty of of pay dirt buckets to buy by the look of it pls make shore u have your own pans shovels bring yuor own tubbs or bags so u can take home ya dirt ive found the horse feed buckets good have a little container to put yuor gold in theres plenty of water at the dams the water at the toilet is STRICTLY for toilet only people will have sluices pumps highbankers etc so thats alway good to have a look at dont be frighten to ask for help if you need to that is what this is all about same if you r detecting first time aswell there will b some very good operator’s there agai n dont b frightened to ask for help cheers ANDREW

3 Likes

Sounds great. Myself and a friend will both be coming and joining the club, and trying some detecting and panning and we are both new to both activities. Can’t wait to get there and actually have a go!

2 Likes

+1 the wife will be coming and joining as well

Hi all looks like gunna b a decent turnout for back ck there good toilet facility’s there the club will provide hand wash paper water etc again the water at the toilet block is for that apart from that pls come self sufficient under no circumstances go anywhere near the working lease of pauls its clearly signed no card facility’s so cash or cheque only an pls be a bit patient with joining up an buying merchandise it gets a bit hetic writing receipts an taking details any problems just ask a committee member c use all soon

4 Likes

Really looking forward to this trip. If we are camping there on the Saturday night are we permitted to have a small camp fire? Just wondering if it’s worth while throwing a few bits of dry wood in the ute when I load up? Looking forward to meeting everyone and a chance to see how it’s done, especially any sluices or highbankers in action as I’ve never seen one used in person and am quite curious about them. :+1:

3 Likes