Field Trip to Back Creek 3 October 2020

Yep camp fires aload an wood pay to bring a bit of wood rons got a couple of big bonfires ready for fri sat so hopefully the weather stays dry an it would pay to bring gum boots cheers

4 Likes

Good to know, cheers mate👍

Well we getting close now just a few pointers on things pay to bring wet weathers an gumboots tubbs an buckets pls keep the rd open so people can get in an out when needed pls be aware that there a excavator walking about an working ALLWAYS give way to the digger i cant hear or see people so pls be aware of machine an traffic regards ANDREW

6 Likes

My wife and I will be attending
John v

1 Like

We cannot make the day unfortunately, Miguel, we are both working down the West Coast, but want to continue our membership. How can we do that please?

I am still on workers comp so I will play it safe and stay home this time. If I supply a couple of 15L buckets for paydirt would it be possible for my son to bring them home for me?

Keen on joining will be there.

Hi @PatHogen, you can settle your membership next time you come to a trip. Memberships are not due till the start of the new year.

1 Like

Weather update:

I’ve had a couple of queries about the weather.

As of 9:00 am on Friday, the forecast is looking not too bad, so there is no plan to cancel.

Saturday 3 October
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning. Winds north to northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 10 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 22.

Looking at the hourly forecasts, there is the chance of a thunderstorm mostly west of the Tamar in the early hours of the morning, then clearing and with lower winds until mid-afternoon. Rain is forecast to pick up as the afternoon and evening proceed.

See you there!

3 Likes

My daughter found gold in her very first pan and is so happy about it. Thank you Back Creek.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Good one phil great to c you

2 Likes

first time out and first crack at panning :grin: had an absolute blast and can’t wait to try again. Big thanks to all involved :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks very much to Ron, Emma and PMAT for a great weekend. It was great to be in an area with so much history and meet and catch up with so many people. It was a real goldrush atmosphere with digging, processing, partying and golden smiles everywhere.

I was really happy to get some beautiful little reefy and crystalline bits and and an early australian threepence.

9 Likes

Yep ! It was a superb weekend all round . Many found gold and i scratched my relic itch . Many thanks go to Ron and Emma along with our hard working PMAT committee .

2 Likes

LOST and FOUND DEPT.

1. One member temporarily misplaced his pick, but was happily reunited with his trusty digging tool when another member picked it up and brought it back to camp. :+1:
  2. Another member put his leatherman tool on the ground while hitching up the caravan and drove off without it. It was picked up and will be returned to its relieved owner in due course. :slight_smile:
  3. Old Mate ( no names mentioned ) rang me to say that he had left a couple of chains and hitch near the loading dock. It took a few laps around the area before they were finally spotted. Being rust coloured, they were well camouflaged amongst the twigs and ferns. They are in safe custody and will be returned to Old Mate when next we meet.:slight_smile:
  4. An Item of value has been picked up amongst the scrub and ferns on the North side of White Lead. Not sure whether it was lost on this trip or has been there for some time. Please contact me if you are the owner. Holey Dollars and multi ounce nuggets don’t count ( lol ) .
    Cheers , Howard.
5 Likes

Well what a great weekend, an sum great finds , goes to show that we never get it all every thing went well toilet work fine an weather wise we were at the best spot in tassie again big thanks to ron an emma i reckon its a one of a kind in Australia access to a working lease with machinery a great turn out the club grossed a bit over 3 grand with raffle membership merchandise an the sale of pay dirt the pay dirt was a huge hit so will keep that going well done everyone for a great turnout cheerz andrew

9 Likes