Field Trip to Cradle & Tobacco Creeks 30 November 2019

Thank you so for the great effort to show us the way.

1 Like

Thanks for an awesome bit of scouting!!! See you all on the Saturday.

3 Likes

Thats a good reconnaissance mission. Packing tent now on that info. Thanks lyn8curt.

3 Likes

Sweet I will throw the swag in the ute find a spot in a ditch if I have to hahaha can’t wait

2 Likes

yesterday’s panning effort at tobacco Creek

4 Likes

My detecting finds, good day found lots of old workings. thanks miguel,ron etc
Cheers
Nigel

2 Likes

I would like to thank PMAT for the field trip to tobacco creek and for the membership yesterday. had a great day and like to thank all the members there as well very warm and friendly bunch. I come home with good half gram or more for my days efforts so thank once again and will see you all again at the Hazelwood cheers :beers:

1 Like

Thanks mate, it was great to see a few new faces and good to see that a few people found gold, even one detector nugget, even if it was small.

If anyone got any pictures, feel free to share them here!

2 Likes

No pics but had a very enjoyable , and back breaking day ! Thanks to everybody involved in organizing a ripper of a day . I think my son is now hooked on gold rather than relics .

2 Likes

Curt i looked up the hallmarks of the pocket watch, 1880 swiss omega made for export to britain. thanks for the advice.cheersNigel

2 Likes

Wow that’s interesting ! My old eyes thought they could see the lion passant symbol , did the poms re stamp ? 1880 , nice find . Now you will have to go back and find the rest !

1 Like

it was handed down from my mum.

1 Like

My bad , i remember you telling me now !

Had a great day, new ground (for me), new faces, new plants (Cyathea sp. tree fern) and perfect weather.
Glad colour was found by most, including a couple of little nuggets.
Thanks to Ron for access to the lease and Miguel for preparing maps etc.
SDC2300 snuffled this little guy

4 Likes

Looks like an amazing trip sadly had to go to Hobart while this one was hopeully next time

2 Likes

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, question regarding our last trip and sorry it has taken me this long but for some reason I managed to pick up a second shovel that looks exactly like the one I have that I mistakenly picked up thinking it was mine didn’t relise till I got home back to Hobart. If it was you that’s missing it come and see me at the next meet in Feb at our AGM.

2 Likes

Oh my god you found it is it a Saxon? Long handle round mouth shovel brand new it was its first day out

hahaha yup that’s the one, I have the exact one too. lol

1 Like

Haha I was Devo when I realised it was gone so went a got another one the next day

Just wondering if I needed permission from anyone to go back to tobacco creek for a bit of a play

1 Like