Heazlewood river

I would like to thank Ron for the opportunity to come and work for you for the day had a great time. Sadly we couldn’t get hold of a good amount of gold for you but i guess thats mining for you. Still it was good to feel like we did some good for your operation and will gladly put my hand up again to help where I can. Happy with my peacock specimen and pyrite pieces :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m so jealous!

If anyone took any pictures I’d love to see some.

2 Likes

Some pictures from Heazelwood!

4 Likes

Nice specimen! Is that from the mine dumps or out of the river?

2 Likes

Mine dumps, some small pieces of malachite also :smiley:

1 Like

G’Day PMAT Forum
I would like to thank all the fantastic people that came to the Heazlewood River to test the gravels on the river bank! whilst a technical success it was a very poor reward for the effort put in by everyone that attended. I am still to clean up the black sand concentrate but there is only some “fly shit” gold colours and some even finer Ossie! This is surprising as the Heazlewood River drains a large area of gold & ossie ground and there are old newspaper reports of gold being worked in the river by Old Timers! What it did show is the club can come together and conduct a good alluvial sampling operation and enjoy ourselves.
Thanks again!

6 Likes

Thanks for letting us come and have a go mate :+1:t2: for me it felt like real mining :grinning:

3 Likes