Introduction "Tassies worst gold prospector"

Hows it going guys. Just wanted to introduce myself and see how everyone’s going. My names Craig and i grew up on the west tamar. I’ve been looking for gold on and off for about 10 years or since i was 21. I havent had a great deal of luck but have had an awesome time bush walking and seeing the beautiful remote wilderness of tassie. Looking to do it a whole lot more and meet a few like minded people.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum Craig!
I would say you’re in good company in regard to prospecting and the lean times that we all go through.
The adventure, the research, the hunt is a large part, obviously finding the yellow is a buzz.
Tassie isn’t the easiest place to search, but it is there.
Happy hunting,
Drystone

4 Likes

Welcome Craig . Maybe we should form the " worst prospectors group " , i know i qualify too !

3 Likes

I reckon most of us have had a crack at that title from time to time! Would have been nice to have a metal detector 150 years ago but there’s still plenty out there, just takes a bit of persistance, legwork and luck!

3 Likes

And here’s my latest crack at the title!

5 Likes

Ah, yes the old axe head nugget :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve only found a couple of those, but a fair few horseshoe nuggets :rofl:

4 Likes

Yep ! And there is some interesting variations . From little pit pony nuggets , all the way up to huge Clydesdale versions !

2 Likes