MRT new rules and Licences

Has anyone recently purchased a prospecting licence for $35.00 for 1 yr. Well as of yesterday the fee has come down to $32.40 and now is valid for 5 years. Grrr so I only renewed mine and today I called MRT to see if they could change it to the 5 yrs considering I have just recently renewed mine and they refused. I really think this is wrong and for anyone who has recently renewed theirs should at least be able to be changed to the new 5 yrs time. What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

Well that sounds like a mixed blessing…
Good that MRT have listened and made the prospecting licence better value for money, and more in line with the other states.
Bad luck with it’s timing in your case :roll_eyes:, however take heart that next years renewal will give you a lot more mileage!
Now, go find the good stuff :grin:
cheers

2 Likes

Celebrate the changes and move on
Phil

3 Likes

Well, it’s good news.

Now to the stuff that makes the biggest difference on the ground: having to get written permission from mining companies to access ground under Exploration License, when there is no incentive on them to agree and no consequences when they don’t. In many cases even getting them to reply is impossible.

We should be following what Victoria do: no permission is needed for access to an EL.

4 Likes

Now that would be nice, as long as there is no machinery or deep holes we should be able to access ELs, with conditions for both parties.

3 Likes

Hi all he’s mrt news with prospecting licence terms been a win for tassie prospectors the pmat committee is gunna have a meet in the next month so if anyone got any thoughts or ideas or issues they want addressing just contact a committee member or put it up on the forum gives the club a focus an a voice for prospectors in tassie the one that keeps popping up is ELs. im abit undecided it sucks that some of these companys r stiching ground up an doing nothing else but if i had a EL i would wana no whos going on the ground an what they finding which is the hole point of exploration it costs for a EL a member has made a comment that trying
Twice with writtern permission an if no reply 3 letter to the mrt an put pressure on mrt to chase them up or even give premission anyway any feedback would b great
A[quote=“Stozki, post:1, topic:338, full:true”]
Has anyone recently purchased a prospecting licence for $35.00 for 1 yr. Well as of yesterday the fee has come down to $32.40 and now is valid for 5 years. Grrr so I only renewed mine and today I called MRT to see if they could change it to the 5 yrs considering I have just recently renewed mine and they refused. I really think this is wrong and for anyone who has recently renewed theirs should at least be able to be changed to the new 5 yrs time. What are your thoughts?
[/quote]

![20200726_185531|375x500]

(upload://47DEcYrOq1gJliRq6gXcEZfottj.jpeg)

1 Like

Made a shambles of that post big fingers on a small
phone dont help hope all should b able to decipher cheers

2 Likes