Pmat meeting back creek

What a cracking weekend! Why didn’t I take my swag???
Great to meet so many likeminded people and some I’ve been looking forward to meeting for years. What a fantastic family oriented day, it’s a credit to all involved.
Here are a couple photos from the weekend

10 Likes

Thanks for posting the photos! Great weekend and some awesome finds.

@rgprospecting thanks once more for your generosity!

7 Likes

I would like to give a big thank you to @rgprospecting for letting us all run around your lease mate :beers: and thank you to PMAT for anther awsome meet cant wait till next trip :beers::grin::+1:

6 Likes

Thanks to all attendees for a memorable weekend!

7 Likes

it was awesome thank you Ron and Emma and PMAT

2 Likes

We all had a great time , even the weather was kind and did not do as forecast . While i did not find any native gold i was lucky enough to hit a patch of relics and made the find of a lifetime . I will let the pics do the talking . Thanks again Ron and Emma !

13 Likes

Mate, that guinea is something else. My jaw dropped when I saw the picture. It’s in such good nick with plenty of detail left.

4 Likes

Wow, that must have been someone’s special keepsake to remind them of old England to survive in that condition. Congratulations!

3 Likes

An incredible find. You worked hard for it judging by the other relics. Check out this page?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_(coin)

You are showing the rest of us what’s possible.
I wonder if the last owner of the guinea left with more gold than they lost?
Of course, we’ll never know.

Thanks R.G. Prospecting for sharing this great spot with the rest of us.

3 Likes

Thanks again to Ron for hosting a great weekend. It was good to catch with old friends and meet some of the club’s new members plus a new generation of young prospectors, who appeared to be enjoying the weekend. Hopefully they will, like myself, be inspired to make prospecting and appreciating our wonderful outdoor environment a lifetime thing.
Here’s some photos of my efforts for the weekend - 1.2 gms with the SDC 2300, largest piece weighing in at 0.66 gms - also a few relics with the Nox 800. The lead slug weighs 21 gms - one wouldn’t want to be in the firing line of one of those!! It would do a fair bit of damage I think. I detected it about 20cm into the North wall of the middle cut and Lord knows how no-one else detected it. Several people were working that area for quite some time and it gave a fairly definite signal.

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone that turned up at Back Creek for a memorable weekend.
It is great to see posts of what people have found.

Ron & Emma

8 Likes

5 Likes

Curt, unbelievable! Im still speechless, well done old
boy!. I only managed a mere crumb with the nox for the day.
Thanks again to ron and the commite for putting to gether a great trip.

4 Likes

I ended up with 1.71 gms. Had a wonderful time there catching up with mates and finding the yellow stuff. Thanks ever so much yet again to Ron & Emma.

5 Likes

Nice work Warren some nice looking yellow stuff there mate