PMAT Working Bee at Back Creek

G’day All.
Last weekend (22/23 Aug) a Working Bee was held at Back Creek to install a flushing toilet.
The shed & excavator was supplied by Homan, the septic tank (including installation) by Bishac, paint by Miguel, toilet accessories by Jared, solar lights by Phil and last but not least, Darren was the brilliant carpenter.
The trees above the campfire were fallen, cut up & removed as well as a clean up of rubbish enabling 4 truck loads to go to the tip.
A great time was had by all other than those that suffered a little on Saturday morning.
The many willing hands required were provided by Garner, Howard, Jason & Colin.

Emma & I give our heartfelt thanks to all involved.

Regards
Ron Gregory

6 Likes

Thanks Ron!

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels glad to be able to give a little bit back for your generosity over the last few years! There was a real buzz in the air and I’m really looking forward to the field trip in October.

Here’s a few more photos:

Septic going in:

Cleaning up downed trees:

Putting the toilet together:

The final product:

4 Likes

Bummer, I did not know that the working bee was happening. I would have enjoyed the participation and camraderie, along with the beer session.

2 Likes

G’Day Pat
My apologies to you and any others.
It was a private Working Bee and not an official PMAT function.
Just friends of mine who all are PMAT members.
It is not unusual for a number of us to get together prior to field Days to get things prepared.

Regards
Ron Gregory

4 Likes

Good on you guys for building it. I like the big tree round holding-up the water tank :+1:

2 Likes

Was a great weekend reckon there b a bit more water in the tank now ron cheers to everyone who helped

3 Likes

I second Miguel in saying it is good to give back to Ron for his generosity, and hope the new facilities add a level of comfort

3 Likes

PMAT Committee members clearing up scrap from the bush

3 Likes

Yep Andrew!
It was great to have you & your assistants collect metal rubbish from around the back Ck camp. 4 loads taken to tip & more when next I have truck there & tip is open. - THANKS!

4 Likes

2 Likes

Picture didnt post earlier!

2 Likes

I should probably fess up: I trod flat a couple of those 44 gallon drums without thinking and they disintegrated into a gazillion bits of rusty steel… fun for a future detectorist!

Oops.

3 Likes

And many thanks to Colin for feeding us his fabulous fIsh dinnersauce. We were all spoiled rotten.
A very satisfying working bee . I learned a lot helping Darren.

2 Likes

Yep Colin should open a Restaurant!

2 Likes

What part of autocorrect gave dinnersauce!!!?? I typed dinners! :joy:

2 Likes