- To generally promote prospecting, fossicking, and small-scale mining in Tasmania.
- To promote awareness of the traditional right to undertake these activities.
- To achieve Government and regulatory authority recognition of the importance of these activities to the State economy.
- To disseminate information about prospecting, fossicking, and small scale mining, including rights, rules and opportunities.
- To provide a platform for the sharing of information about these activities.
- To provide a platform for organising field trips and other activities related to prospecting, fossicking, and small scale mining.
- To liaise with stakeholders such as regulatory authorities and tenement holders so as to further the opportunities to fossick, prospect and small-scale-mine in Tasmania.
- To lobby Government and regulatory authorities in order to increase awareness of issues related to prospecting, fossicking, and small scale mining, and and achieve outcomes beneficial to prospectors, fossickers and small-scale miners.