Trip to Weldborough POSTPONED to 29 Oct 2022

I tend to be a bit clumsy, so with iffy conditions in possibly high-ish creeks/ rivers I’d rather not risk it. Bugger. Was looking forward very much to some gem hunting. Prefer to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

Probably not, besides it being not safe, it can be impossible to keep wash in your shovel if the water is flowing fast.

I think let’s just make a call now and can it. It’s a gamble whether we can have a dig, the main camp place is not available, and it could be unsafe if the water is too high.

Since the fossicking is going to be good for a while, I’ll definitely be heading there as soon as I have a free weekend. What I’ll do is post here and invite anyone who wants to have a dig to come and join me. It won’t be an official PMAT field trip, but you’re all welcome to join me.

4 Likes

Hiya, we are going to play it safe and stay off the roads😊

Thanks very much for your efforts Miguel!

1 Like

Sounds good Miguel, I’ll be keen for sure.

Sounds good because i am working this weekend and want to go…lol

2 Likes

Road near Derby is partly washed out says ABC. The video of rhe road there looks pretty bad.

2 Likes

Thanks for your efforts Miguel, the weather gods are playing merry hell with everything at the moment, look forward to catching up with you in a creek sometime soon

1 Like

thanks Miguel to bigger risk comeing all the way from sorell,so will have to give it a miss which is a bugger as was keen to have first go at fossicking for gems.

1 Like

Hi @Rick, keep an eye on here, I’ll post a trip invite when i head out.

3 Likes