Updated version TRILOBITE app

Hi guys,
I’ve recently had a productive chat with the maker of Australian Geology Travel Maps which many of you know through the handy Trilobite Solutions app.
In essence, now you can now get tenement info for Tasmania as an free overlay in the app. (Yay!)

There are already comprehensive daily updated overlays for WA and VIC but these come with a modest annual subscription fee.

Although not as convenient as the “all in one” subscription version, the free TAS tenement info can be downloaded under the “manage subscriptions” tab and will appear on the map screen as a 2nd drop down menu under “layers”.

ML’s and EL’s can then be displayed and queried.

*updated android version is 2.1.7
*need 2GB free RAM on device (to find out just hold finger down on Trilobite Solution text at bottom of map screen)

cheers,
Andrew

6 Likes

Go to “Manage Subscriptions” and select TAS data layers

1 Like

Then dowload tenement info eg: C1 metallic minerals ML’s

1 Like

Then these will appear as new drop menu on map screen

1 Like

Then you can check your position relative to lease boundaries, who the tenement holder is, expiry dates etc

4 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks @Drystone!

Good thing to check out while locked down…

1 Like

That’s an awesome app, thanks for that installed it onto my phone works great.

1 Like

Wow! thanks for this info #Drystone. I used this app while in Wa and found it fantastic. Great to have this added info for Tassie. Cheers Coral

2 Likes

I have to say, for the 2 months I was in WA I used this app all day every day. Being able to track your movements and check all the data layers while in an area with no phone reception was amazing.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a great asset, very handy to check your position in real time regardless of phone service.
Good for keeping yourself within a specified area (eg a lease) and also for backtracking in difficult terrain.
WA and VIC have extra downloads to include things like shallow workings, and colour coded tenement status (eg: pending ground)
I’d like to see a Lidar overlay for TAS: maybe if enough people ask the designer, he might look into it :wink:

3 Likes