Weldborough Field Trip April 2023

I’m still keen too. Heading up this evening :grinning:

2 Likes

Got all the gear packed yesterday, ready to go , but my leg played up during the night a fair bit. I am grumpy and tiered now and it’s best for me to stay home. Good luck to all the keen fossickers out there, the rain should keep away for today the weather man says. Sorry I miss out

1 Like

Hi miguel i have left the frome heading home mate see ya on the next one :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

How did everyone go? Any nice finds?

Thanks to the people that turned up. The weather cooperated and stayed dry. We headed up to the top of the Frome and I got a nice patch, with a few top-sieve sapphires and some good blues.

6 Likes

Had an awsome time with the crew on the frome sadly i didn’t get the gem quality blues but still found some sapphires, zircon, spinel and topaz couple of them will cut for sure :sunglasses::ok_hand: I think miguel was the man of the day kick my butt for sure with some nice sapphires. Once again thank you PMAT for organising a awsome trip :grinning:

5 Likes

Weather held up for a day on Sat. some members enjoying the search in the frome and main creek ! everyone found some colour and was as always great to catch up .

9 Likes

Disappointed I missed it, looked like fun.

2 Likes