Wow Jackpot Day!

Early this week i had one of those days that makes the sparse result days all worthwhile and has refreshed my enthusiasm for relic detecting . For those who like relics feast your eyes on the pics , they are getting harder to find but there is still some goodies out there .

17 Likes

That’s the best haul of Chinese coins I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Me too Miguel ! They just kept on coming , still can hardly believe it .

1 Like

Nice one! You must have eaten the lucky fortune cookie!

2 Likes

Wow Curt!
Jackpot alright! :smile: happy days indeed and makes up for the duds

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for sharing your fantastic finds. This is very encouraging to see for a new comer. I’ve only been detecting about a month. Just getting the hang of my Equinox 900. Found a few current coins but only 1 slightly more interesting find - a Japanese 1 Yen coin. Found in local park in the Huon Valley.

7 Likes

Done well mate keep going :+1:t2: i found a 500 yen coin about 4 months ago under a clothes line. Ya just never know whats going to pop up :grinning::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ll think of that every time I see a clothesline. Makes sense though.

1 Like

Can be little gold mines always hit them even old sites if you can work out where they was :grinning::ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice, that is an impressive haul, well done. Can you please post a photo of the rubbish you had to dig up to achieve that result, cheers, John.

1 Like

G’day folks, I’m presently staying on a mate’s property in the Adelaide Hills which has some old hut sites and a winery ruin dating back to the 1860s.The main hut near Steve’s house has never been detected before so one afternoon I got out the old Equinox 800 with 6" coil and swung it over the floor of the old hut site. First target was a clump of pennies and half pennies which had been welded together by intense heat. Apparently the hut had been burnt down during the 1983 bush fires. There was also a lot of melted glass, copper and aluminium in the ground.
There was a lot of rusty iron and nails there too but I focused on the more prominent targets and started finding pennies and half pennies down a bit deeper - 10 to 15 cm. They just kept coming and coming until I had 30 x 1d and 9 x 1/2d, also a 1948 3d and a 1956 shilling. Of interest also were a pair od dog registration tags, one dated 1949 and the other 1950. The copper coins ranged from 1913 to 1955 and totalled 33 x 1d and 9 x 1/2d. I have never before found so many coins from such a small area ( 2 separate patches of less than 2 square metres

in so short a time - less than 2 hours !
The old winery ruin had been detected a few years back by a couple of blokes who found quite a few old Victorian era coins plus some old Chinese cash.
They didn’t get everything though as I managed to snag an 1875 1/2d and a few relics. Of interest was an Iron stirrup which was about 20cm down. Fortunately the digging was easy due to the ground still being damp.

12 Likes

Hell yeah mate cleand up nice work :sunglasses::ok_hand:

I’d love a find like that. I better keep trying. You just never know.