2021 PMAT AGM at Luina

Hi everyone,

Our AGM will be held on Saturday the 6th of February at 9:00 am in Luina, the same place where we had last year’s AGM.

More information can be found at the event page on our main website. Feel free to ask any questions here.

6 Likes

Can’t wait it’ll be great to see everyone again weather should be good to.

2 Likes

Anybody else noticed the fires burning at Luina ? If they are still burning on our meet weekend we may have trouble with access .

3 Likes

I’m keeping an eye on it.

It seems to be running southwards and away from the road, so it may not affect us. However there’s a southerly wind change expected today.

Rain is also forecast for today, so I think it’s a bit early to say.

2 Likes

Was told the road is closed back there aswell

Here’s the current advice:

3 Likes

I was down there in October and parks were doing fuel reduction burns on the north side of the road so the fire shouldn’t be able to go that way and with 10 - 20 mm rain forecast down that way today hopefully that will assist with bringing it under control image

4 Likes

Hi just had a couple of questions? is anyone welcome
if they pay the membership on the day? Also will people be camping on Friday night ready for the meeting on Saturday, or will most people drive there on the day and only camp the Saturday night? Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Wizard_Smith yes, you’re more than welcome to join on the day, and there will be people camping there the Friday night.

2 Likes

No worries Miguel, look forward to it. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

The Heazlewood River fire is now no longer at advice level and there is more rain forecast later in the week, so things are looking good. It burned south of the road near the Heazlewood River bridge.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on this one for the next few days and make a call by the weekend. If it still looks worrying by Saturday, we can go to plan B, which could be to delay the trip by a few weeks, or head over to Lake Burbury instead.

Thanks to @lyn8curt and @rgprospecting for sending information my way.

4 Likes

Hi we got good rains coming on weekend so hopefully luina gunna b good to go fingers crossed . it looks like it around the heazlewood campsite on the river down there if good to go,will grab a portaloo from coates hire at burnie on the friday . I think mozzies are gunna b real bad so come prepared. Campfires we will look into closer to the date ,agm elections r on so hands up if u want a go all welcome an dont b frighten to ask the club is going alright we got about 4 grand in the bank?? 2grams of gold in reserves the club has still got hats stickers stubbie holders etc to sell as well have brought a marquee first aid kit etc etc i will bring a heap of heavy rubbish bags for the working bee clean up .,any subjects people want to bring up just have a chat to a committee member ., one thing has popped up is access to ELs and lack of response tfrom lease holders,. Hopefully see yours soon

6 Likes

The TFS now have the Heazlewood River fire as “Under Control”. There’s also 10-20 mm of rain forecast for Waratah tomorrow. This means the fire should not affect us, so we’re all-systems-go for the AGM Saturday 6th.

See you there!

4 Likes

Sweet cant wait :grin::pick::hammer_and_pick::pick::ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

sadly have to go to Melbourne for work would i loved this trip have fun guys

3 Likes

Looks like a bit of rain for the weekend so pls come prepared ,.pmat will have signs up where we r at luina,. For membership merchandise etc cash an right change would b great as we don’t have card facilitys,.there is good ph reception down there can ring me 0400623451 for any info if need b ,.few of us b down there on the thur ,. Is anyone avaiable to pick up porta loo from coates hire burnie on the friday it be ready by 2 o clock i will pay for it on the Thursday going thru so its only pick up an it goes back on the monday,.club will provide hand wash etc for loo ,.cheers andrew

3 Likes

Hi @ajhoman71 I’ll be towing this time, so I won’t be able to pick up the portaloo. Any volunteers, please get in touch with Andrew!

3 Likes

Hi is the weekend still on given the amount of rain forecast?

2 Likes

Hi Kate,
At this stage, yes, the meet is going ahead.
The forecast is not the best, but if you come prepared, then it will be ok.
One bonus of rain is that it will keep the flies away :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers

5 Likes

My god what a agm… fires then floods hope corona doest turn up… the hardy will prevail… c u all soon

4 Likes