2024 AGM and field trip to Back Creek

Weather is looking good might be a bit of wind, its very dusty down there so take it steady, the road in is getting ruff ,with sum deep gutters so be careful of them,the raffle looking very good ,will have sausage sizzle sat arvo bout 4.30 an will draw raffle around same time,if u not gunna be there for draw an have brought tickets,pls leave contact details, there will be a display of gold nuggets there aswell an gold for sale,pls remeber no efpos facilities, an pretty ifish phone reception

4 Likes

As the post above said the ruts were to be avoided and my Disco Sport is more a soft road than off roader, i went for a look today.
Only 3 or 4 needed caution, they were not too deep but with low profile tyres ( Yes i know Toorak tractor :wink: ) gave a bit of a bang. But all good really. Was exciting meeting a truck coming the other way, but the driver was really nice and stopped to make room for me.
Just need to confirm something, is this the spot we turn off right to Ringswalds road, then we stop at the crest a bit further up with the buildings either side?

1 Like

Yep right turn and about 500m along

1 Like

Did u notice how good looking that truck driver was :joy: :smiley: :smile:

3 Likes

Stunningly good looking :grinning:
Thank you that was a tight spot to pass :+1:

1 Like

The agm,will be at 9 on the Saturday,that includes election,general business ,ron an miguel will do a brief ,an financials, its a bit hetic at the marquee first up with memberships ,merchandise an raffle etc etc so please be patient,about 4.30 in the arvo we will start drawing the raffle,an will have a sausage sizzle going on at same time,gold coin donation ,if you wanna bring up any thoughts ideas etc for the club etc ,feel free to talk,financially the club going well , a good membership base ,an a good committee,we seem to have 4 meets a year at different locations,an it all seems to work well cheers an see use there

7 Likes

Happy to donate two Bruny Island Safaris tickets mate. Value $480. Not sure how that will work but as long as I get the names and I can let the admin staff know.

7 Likes

Just a note that there’s mozzies right now at Back Crk, so don’t forget to bring some bug spray!

5 Likes

Will small camp fires be allowed for cooking or is it too much of a fire risk this year?

2 Likes

Will a Subaru wagon with stuffed rear suspension get through OK?

Yep easily! You can get a hatchback in there without too much hassle.

1 Like

Awesome - many thanks!

I got a shitty 4 cylinder that gets there just drive slow when U get to the rough area

1 Like

What a brilliant first day that was, many thanks to Ron for inviting us out there, the committee for the great organisation and to Michael and all the people who gave me a hand and advice today, I learned heaps and had a ball. Thanks are also due once more to Andrew for his encouragement and patience as I detected my wedding ring, then my watch and finally my phone. Promise to leave all that behind tomorrow Andrew (along with my carer) :grinning:
. Will find that “Welcome John” Nugget tomorrow.
Looking forward to a second fun day tomorrow.

3 Likes

A big thanks from me as well - I could only stay until lunchtime before needing to head back to Burnie, but it was great to meet everyone, and I got some great advice from Ron and Andrew for my forthcoming EL application.

5 Likes

Unfortunately could only make it for a few hours yesterday but as usual had a blast. It’s always a warm and welcoming atmosphere at Back creek. It was great catching up with everyone and getting to meet some new faces. Thanks very much to all the committee for making the trip happen and thanks very much to Ron for having us all out at the lease.

7 Likes

2nd day there and I found Gold. :smiley: over the moon.
What a really great bunch of people, I don’t think there was a single person there that did not help me to improve my technique and offer encouragement and show me so many ways to effectively use a detector. So thank you everyone.
Thanks also to Andrew for letting me use his 6000 for 3 batteries worth and shifting quite a few tons of material to help me find my first gold, and to Dean and Michael for the Token hunt help :grin: .
Also to Darren for showing me more gold at the end of the day and explaining how the various pits and mine workings function, that was great.
A fascinating, educational and fun weekend with great company, all up one of the best weekends of my life.

Cheers all

8 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone that came for the weekend, it was great to see you all there!

I always love the atmosphere of the historic huts at Back Creek, whether it be the recycled walls and chimneys, or the wallpapering inside one of the huts:

Some of us went up the day before and started setting up the hibanker area and testing the piles of wash next to it. Yes, there were some good little pickers in the wash.

A massive thanks to @rgprospecting who hosted us. Ron had some Back Creek nuggets for sale:

@Burbury organised 18 tokens that corresponded with prizes of Back Creek gold nuggets kindly donated by Ron:

Tokens started coming in thick and fast on the day, but three remained unfound:

The hibanker got steady action most of the day:

As usual, there were a few detectors around:

Next trip will be Weldborough area to look for sapphires towards the end of March, before Easter.

9 Likes

What a Great AGM ! Those who turned up including a few new faces all found Gold in one way or another :heart_eyes: Weather was kind and turnout was comfortable . Good banter at the campfire and cooking in the camp ovens went down well .
Catching up with familiar faces inc Philski good for the prospecting soul .
Looking fward to the next one

9 Likes

Thanks Ron just went through my paydirt found a nice little nugget

7 Likes