2024 AGM and field trip to Back Creek

Went through the first of my 3 bags today, very happy with my 0.229gm piece. 2 more bags to go :+1: :grinning:

11 Likes

Panned the paydirt bag from back creek with Rebecca today and we got a nice .21 piece
Thanks @rgprospecting :+1::blush:

9 Likes

Had a great weekend at the 2024 Back Creek field day . Itโ€™s a weekend that I look forward to every year , pity it takes so long to come around again !
Huge thanks go to Ron and Emma again , access to a site like this is a unique privilege .
Also thanks to Andrew and the rest of the committee for all your organization efforts to make this such a great trip .
I spent most of my time looking for relics without much success , that bush isnโ€™t getting any thinner Ron ! I managed to find 10 bits from the wash pile with the Manticore late on Sunday and also snagged my biggest nuggie from a hi banker throw out on Saturday with the Nox for a total 1.87 grams . Will I be back next year ? HELL YEAH !

9 Likes

Just about 1/3 of the way through my 3rd Pay Dirt bag, and having fun.

I have to say that for a budget gold detector the โ€œGold Monster 1000โ€ is pretty capable. So far in this bag it has located 1 bit at 0.023gm, one at 0.014 and one at less than 0.000, thatโ€™s a minuscule piece weighing less than 1000th of a gram. I am amazed at what it can do.

Wish i bought those last few bags you offered me now @ajhoman71 , this a very relaxing way to spend an afternoon :grinning: .

Still want to buy a 6000 one day like the one Andrew was kind enough to lend me at the field days.

5 Likes

Gโ€™day everyone.
I am glad you all appear to have had a great weekend.
It was for me and thanks to PMAT Committee and assistants for organizing.
Thanks to Colin Garity for organizing the Token Hunt as it was well run & a great success.

Around 12 grams of gold was found by members.
Not as much as previous years but still a good haul.

The club is welcome again next year, if they want to hold something similar.

Regards
Ron

11 Likes

Awesome Ron ! Unless I lose a heart , arm , or leg , will see you there . Thank you .

2 Likes