GPX 6000 anyone had any luck?

Just curious to know does anyone have any experience here in Tassie with a GPX 6000? I would have thought they would be well suited to tassie on the sub gram smallish gold that is mainly found here. I have heard they can be a bit more noisy than the older GPX machines. Wondering if it’s time to sell the 5000 in and go for a 6000. Don’t reckon I can convince the misses to let me have both machines.

3 Likes

Absolute dynamite, been out twice now to sum old patches that had been tottally flogged by good operator’s ,an picked up gold …will put pics up later , ive found mine very quiet an run it in silent

5 Likes

What Andrew said! The only downside is that you can recover all the shotgun pellets and flakes of rust that the other guys miss. :joy:
Otherwise it’s good at going over old flogged ground and still gold.

3 Likes

First trip out with the new 17inch coil it paid for it self gotta be happy with that…amazed with the sensitivity

14 Likes

Nice nugget, good work H.

2 Likes

About 20 tiny pieces from a creek in the west. 6000 is pretty good. Gotta send back my 11inch coil. Goes nuts frequently .

3 Likes

Some very nice gold there. My machine seems to do a similar thing Warren and the only way I can settle it down is to noise cancel. Sometimes even twice. I’m wondering if there may be a firmware update coming at some point to rectify this as it may just be software related. Any minor source of EMI seems to set the 6000 off for me, sometimes when it’s not an obvious source.

1 Like

I’d found very sensitive to emi as cars bikes machine’s etc coming past will set them off

2 Likes

Even when near a tiny airport, such as in the Whipstick near Bendigo every airplane nearby will set it off. Not sure why.

1 Like

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. Here’s a couple of reefy pieces of gold I found with the 6000 right next to each other. I just got the 17 inch coil in the post a couple of days ago I’m very keep to have a go with it, as I’ve heard good things. I’m still looking forward to a nugget finder coil being released as I find the current coils a bit buoyant in the water when detecting on shallow bedrock in the creek. Does anyone run an external Bluetooth speaker or ear buds with the 6? Getting pretty hot with the Minelab headphones and the the built in speaker is sometimes not loud enough for me or I’m just deaf.

7 Likes

This is a different looking one … pretty shore everyone walked over it sweet signal …thought hot rock but looked down an seen it no digging

9 Likes

That’s a beauty mate well done!

1 Like

Very nice indeed Mate.

1 Like

Looks like coiltek have officially announced a range of coils for the 6000. Hopefully a small elliptical is on the cards to bring it up to spec with the SDC for detecting creeks.

3 Likes

Woohoo , very excited , wonder how much

1 Like

Was holding off on buying 17" coil as thought it wouldn’t be long before nugget finder did one.

Looks like nugget finder are making them too Nigel.

1 Like

Have you noticed the date on the promo image. Hmmm

Well the 6000 is going to wa for two weeks, east of Lenora ,an catching up with lindsay, will be interesting how it pans out flying over ,then hooking up with a mate who lives in perth then head bush will keep a account of cost etc, might be a better option instead of driving , cost an time wise,taking all 3 coils 11, 14,17 … will REALLY MISS THIS WEATHER stay tuned more photos an storys to come cheers

10 Likes

Good luck with it mate jealous :grin::ok_hand: