Visiting Tassie Feb/ March 2020

Hi all, my name is John. My wife and I are doing our first trip to Tassie in our small caravan over 2 months, Feb & March2020. I am a keen to do some detecting whilst visiting. I have a minelab 2300 and have been detecting for nuggets & treasure for just over a year.

I would appreciate any tips/help I can get from the forum, or if someone is willing, I would be keen to join them on a short trip.

Kind regards,
John

1 Like

Hi mate. You’ve got the right detector for Tassie with the sdc. Cords tend to get left hanging in the blackberries and gorse in most spots. The creeks and rivers offer the best access to most spots.

Thanks for the heads-up on snagging the cords. Do I need to get a permit to prospect in Tassie?

Do you know if the forum is planning any trips in Feb/March next year?

Hi John,
Yes you need a prospecting license, they are available at any Service Tasmania office (1 in every city and most larger towns)
Keep an eye on the forum, we are having a field trip & AGM in Feb, most likely on the wild west coast, might see you there!
Cheers
Andrew

1 Like

Thank you for the post Andrew, hopefully the timing will work out such that I can join the group for a trip.

1 Like

Hi John,
The february AGM and field trip details have been posted on the forum
cheers,
Andrew

Hi @JohnH , here are the AGM details if you haven’t seen them already: